Selecting Bed Sheets
Sleeping in bed is the most rejuvenating part of a person's life. So a comfortable bed and bedding that complements the overall bedroom décor is a must. Since bed sheets are the most visible part of a bed, high quality bed sheets can make quite a difference to the visual appeal and comfort level of the room. Here are a few tips on choosing the right kind of bedsheets:
- While most of the mattresses come in standard sizes such as 'King-sized', 'Queen-sized' and 'Full-sized', the customized mattresses with pillow tops and other accessories attached to them can make them larger and wider and will need larger bedsheets than the standard ones available in the market. Thus, it is better to measure the bed and the mattress size that you use beforehand, so that the bedsheets you buy are of appropriate sizes.
- Thread count per inch or TPI is an important factor to be considered while buying a bed sheet. Bedsheets with higher TPI (more than 250) are softer, more comfortable and last longer. The bedsheets having lower than 200 TPI are not recommended for daily use.
- Cotton bedsheets are the most popular ones though one can use flannel and cotton mixed fabrics as bedsheets depending on our taste.
- On the high end of fashion and comfort level, satins and silks with their soft feel on skin win almost every romantic heart.
- Colors and designs of the bedsheets should match the overall theme and color scheme of the room, though it can have a deeper hue than the color of the walls.
- Pale colors suit summer season while fall bedroom décor can accommodate more bright and bold colors.