baggy eyes ?
Although our skin is of single and largest organ of our body, not all part of our skin is created with same character. For example, the skin on the scalp has embedded hair follicles, and the skin of the nose and cheeks tends to have active glands. The skin around your eyes is very sensitive and delicate, which needs good care at all age. Weather its summer or winter or any other season, follow some simple steps and guidelines as under, to have healthier skin around your eyes !
- To reduce the dark circles around your eyes, no matter at what age you are, get at least seven to eight hours sleep every night. Sleeping with your head slightly elevated would help you working against gravity; which causes fluid to collect in your lower eyelids resulting in dark circles.
- Use an eye cream around the eyes to keep moisture in the skin.
- When applying cream or make up around the eyes use the ring finger (as it exerts less pressure).
- Don't rub eyes frequently as this can cause an eye infection and in turn causing infection in the skin around eyes. This is because; few of us bother to wash our hands before touching our eyes.
- Dip cotton pads in chilled milk and place on closed eyes for 10 minutes. Now relax completely. This is to relax the eye skin muscles when they are tired after working with computers.
- Grate a potato with its peel and apply on your closed eyelids for about 20 minutes and relax completely. This is to care your eyes to have firm muscles.
- Put sliced cucumber over your eyes to avoid developing dark circles.
- If your eyes are red and feeling itchy, massage your scalp with curd, to reduce the unwanted temperature around your eye skin.
- Wash your eyes with cold water often to get sparkling feel for your eye skin.
- Give a massage to the eyes, by gentle finger movement always down to up.
Don'ts do this :
- Don't wear contact lenses for extended periods of time or overnight as this makes your eyes feel tiring and hence giving unnecessary strain to your eye skin.
- When you splash water do not do this furiously believing doing this will take away tiredness instead wash gently as splashing may hurtle the smallest dust particles or an allergen which may damage the cornea which will again spoil your eye skin as well.
- Don't use handkerchiefs to wipe eyes, instead use disposable tissues, which are more hygienic to your sensitive eye skin.
- Don't sit near by the television and minimum of 15 feet distance should be maintained from the television and keep your book at least two feet away to strengthen your eye skin muscles.
- Use cream based eye makeup as powdery eye shadows can enter eyes and, cause irritation to the eye muscles and skin near by your eyes.
- Do not handle your eyes and eyelids harsh while using lenses, as the skin will soon loose its strength by handling rough manner.
- Don't use your mascara for more than a year, as it may weaken your eye skin.